Leon Turetsky was born in Minsk, Belarus and lived in Israel and Canada before settling in Boston MA.
Leon started Ballroom dancing relatively LATE - at the age of 12! And immediately started to immerse himself in learning this art form. Soon after he started competing in Dancesport competitions all over the country.
Styles Leon trained in include:
-American Rhythm and Smooth.
-International Style Latin and Standard.
-Salsa and other club dances.
Leon, Together with his wife, Kim, competed in the Professional International Latin Dancesport competitions all over the United States. Together they had the pleasure of training with some of the best dance coaches (and past champions) in the world including Andrei Gavriline and Elena Kryuchkova (3 times USA champions), as well as, Eugene Katsevman and Maria Manusova (11 times USA champions).
Professional Competition Highlights:
- 2015 Commonwealth Classic Open Pro Latin - 4th Place
- 2015 Michigan Dance Challenge Pro Rising Star Latin - 1st Place
- 2015 Eastern Dancesport Open Pro Latin - 6th Place
- 2015 Manhattan Dancesport Pro Rising Star Latin - Semi Finals
- 2015 Blackpool Dance Festival Pro Rising Star (England) - Top 96
- 2016 Commonwealth Classic Open Pro Latin - 5th Place
- 2016 Dancing A La Carte Open Pro Latin - 4th Place
Leon truly appreciates the dancing art form and loves all the technical details that involve "leading and following" between 2 people, "musicality interpretations", as well as "creating choreography".
Nowadays, Leon enjoys working with social, wedding and competitive dancers in all levels to help them achieve their goals. Contact him here.
Watch Leon & Kim dancing the Rumba at MIT Dance Club:
Leon also founded Passion4dancing.com, a website dedicated to teaching people how to Ballroom and Latin dance online with step by step videos.
You can also check out his youtube channel here with almost 30,000 subscribers and growing.
Check out Leon & Kim's Cha Cha tutorial below from Passion4dancing: